Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just to meet you for a couple of days ...

Hello Mithi Mamma,

I am just back from Kolkata after meeting with you after what felt like an eternity ... in reality I had been away from you for just a fortnight. But anyways the long and short of it is ... I managed to plan a very unwise and long travel plan to get to you last weekend ... I could have done better and spent more time with you ... but this was one of those times when I couldn't think straight and prioritize well.

Not sure if you realized that I was there, but I realized that I could have been there for few more hours each way ... and I am sorry I missed more time with you.

But the fact is I could be there to celebrate your 1 month birthday (a couple of days later though) ... we cut a cake for you ... and had it ourselves, because lets face it ... all you can have now is your Maa's milk :)

Everyone was saying how time flies... and it is so true ... when we got you home, you could fit from head to toe between my palm and the inside of my elbow and now your feet reached my chest and could push hard. You're growing up. A realization that would startling me from time to time as you and I share our lives together.

I got some nice pics of you too ... and the dream photo I always wanted. The one where your feet are inside your Maa's hands which are held in the shape of a heart. I call it "Step into my heart" ... Hope you like it too :)

This little visit was grossly deprived of sleep though. You usually wake up around 3-4 times in the night as that's how often you get hungry. So ideally the plan is to sleep during the intervals. But I don't know why I could sleep all 3 nights after I woke up with you the first time. I stayed up all night just looking at you sleep, and sometimes make all kinds of sounds, expressions, lift up your leg, throw your arms up, maybe smile a little .... it was just amazing ... my heavy eyes told me I should sleep, but I just couldn't as I didn't want to miss out on the little time I had with you. You are so amazing ... when you sleep, and more so when you are awake and look around trying to make sense of the world around you.

I didn't think that you recognized me much yet, and was feeling a little low about that ... I guess I was a little jealous of your Maa as you know her so well ... her voice, her touch and of course her smell. Although I do manage to stop you from crying every time, you didn't seem to recognize me and scientifically I shouldn't expect it too ... but love isn't always rational. But then something amazing happened .. Sunday morning just before your bath time, you were on the bed and I was talking to you as usual ... then I just got up and went to the window to adjust the curtains ... and your gaze followed me to the window and back ... that was the moment I realized that you do recognize me ... I was on top of the world!!!!!!!! You made the completely convoluted trip through Delhi and the complete sleep deprivation all worth it. Thank you Mamma ...

Love you
Baba

P.S. Some more pictures from this trip in a collage ...

No comments:

Post a Comment